1099 Pro’s software allows filers to generate seller 1099 forms and to file the information with the IRS for tax reporting purposes. There are two systems for determining who needs a 1099 – one for sellers and one for vendors. These checkboxes control who shows up on 1099 reports that are run at the end of the year. Accounting/1099 Reporting contains the options to generate 1099s for sellers or partners. The spreadsheets generated from these reports can then be fed into 3rd party tools, like 1099 Pro.
(888) PRO-1099 (776)
|Starting at $269.00. See below|
To demonstrate how to set up and use the Seller 1099s reports in Resware and how to import the Resware tax template and an annual report into 1099 Pro. 1099 Pro’s software allows filers to generate seller 1099 forms and to file the information with the IRS for tax reporting purposes.
- Begin here: Purchase 1099 Pro software at www.1099pro.com. 1099 Pro software is used for the entry, plain paper printing, and electronic filing of all 1099, 1098, 5498, W2G, and W-2 IRS tax filing forms. The cost is around $270. Reports generated in Resware can be imported into 1099 Pro.
- Next: Complete the steps in the job aid.
Note: 1099 Pro software frequently updates their software. Therefore, screenshots and processes may vary. Please submit any significant changes that affect the ability to import data into 1099 Pro from the Resware 1099 report to email@example.com.
|10/25/2018||Job aid created|
|12/13/2019||Reporting has been moved from View/Reports/Seller 1099s to Accounting/1099 Reporting|
The following office options are related to 1099 reporting and allow easier management of files in preparation for year-end reporting.
- Auto-enable 1099 for seller: When enabled, the Needs 1099s option on the seller panel will be enabled by default.
- Require post closing address when Needs 1099s: When enabled, the post-closing address will be required when the Needs 1099s option is enabled on the buyer/seller panel.
Internal user role
- Accounting: 1099 Reporting: When enabled, the user will have access to the 1099 Reporting panel to generate reports for both sellers and partners needing 1099s.
Required information on file for 1099 reporting
The following fields need to be supplied for 1099 reporting on a file to be successful.
- The Actual Settlement date on the General panel.
- The Needs 1099-S option enabled on the Seller panel.
- The Primary SSN/Tax ID number on the Seller panel.
- The Post Closing Address on the Seller panel.
Seller 1099s report
The 1099s reporting is based on the selected office and a date range of actual settlement dates. If the file’s Actual Settlement date falls in the selected date range and a seller has Needs 1099-S checked, the report will include the seller record.
- Select the Office where the report is to be generated.
- Enter the Actual Settlement Date From date.
- Enter the Actual Settlement Date To date.
- Optionally, check the Include Sellers without an Address checkbox to include any files with sellers that do not have an address. This is recommended when the office option to require the post-closing address is disabled.
- Click Search.
- Correct any files with a missing address.
- Click Open File for a given transaction to enter information immediately,
- Click View as Report to view in the report in the Report Viewer, which can then be printed or exported in a PDF or Excel format. Note: Right-click in grid to display or hide columns as needed on report.
- Create a spreadsheet to import the information into the 1099 Pro software.
- Click View as Report.
- Select Export and Data dump to save in an Excel format.
- Please reach out to 1099 Pro directly to obtain the link to download your information.
1099 Pro software
The following steps will walk through the initial steps in the 1099 Pro software to create the filer’s information, import the tax form template, and import the Resware generated seller 1099s spreadsheet. Once these steps are completed, printing and filing the forms (or exporting to e-file with IRS) can also be completed within the 1099 Pro software. The instructions provided below are subject to change based on any future updates to 1099 Pro’s software.
Note: For more information about e-filing IRS forms, please visit the IRS website.
- Click Manage to add the company information for the entity filing the 1099s.
- Click Add and complete each panel as needed.
- Click Save.
Adding the import template
- Select Import New Tax Forms in the 1 Preparing My Forms options.
- Click Import records from Excel or a Delimited text file.
- Click Next.
- Select 1099-S from the Select the type of tax form to Import drop-down menu.
- Click Add/update 1099-S Import maps.
- Click the Import Map button in the lower right-hand corner.
- Click Browse and locate the file saved from the prior step.
- Click Finish, OK, OK, Close.
Importing the Seller 1099s report
- Highlight the Excel form that was just added and click Next.
- After reading the information warning, click Proceed.
- Click Browse and locate the seller 1099 report generated in the above step. A partial view of each record imported will display.
- Highlight one of the records and click Next.
- If the current active filer is correct, click Next. Otherwise, click Select a Filer.
Note: The next panel displays the incoming values for each record and shows the record currently being viewed. Viewing Record 1 displays the headers for the report.
- Optionally, click on View Next, View Previous, or Reset to First to scroll through the records to verify imported information.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Select Pending to specify the status assigned to the imported records.
- Click Next.
- Click Test My Import File For Problems Now to validate imported information.
- Option 1 – Highlight the record with an error and click Change/Fix selected record to change the data directly in 1099 Pro.
- Option 2 – Return to the Excel spreadsheet and make corrections, then repeat the import process.
- Once the data is verified, click Finish to complete the import.
- Click 2 – Continue to complete the import session.
- After reading the informational pop-up, click Next to proceed with the import session.
- If records exist in the 1099 Pro software from a previous import session or year, select the desired option (default selection is Update my Recipient information with new information from the tax forms).
Confirm the settings to complete the import session. If changes are needed, click Back, otherwise click Finish.
The records are now ready to post in the 1099 Pro software.
- Select No to continue.
- Click Post this Session to complete the import.
Printing forms and filing forms
Complete steps 2 – Printing & Mailing and 3 – Filing My Forms within 1099 Pro to print the tax forms and select the desired option to file forms with the IRS.