This service is a real-time identity and wire fraud prevention platform. CertifID allows for the safe transfer of wire information to buyers and the validation and authentication of seller’s wire information. Every transaction protected by CertifID is guaranteed up to $1,000,000.
|Demos*||Resware-CertifID webinar 8/31/2018|
|Security During Crisis and Staying Vigilant 4/09/2020|
This demonstrates the set-up and process in Resware to integrate with CertifID, LLC, a real-time identity, and wire fraud prevention platform.
- Begin here: Contact CertifID for further information or to register for services at https://certifid.com.
- Inform the CertifID that the account will be for a Resware integration. Account information will be provided, including the account username and password.
- Next: Follow the set-up steps found here.
- Then: Test. For additional support services contact CertifID at email@example.com
|9.1||Initial integration available|
|9.1||05/03/2019||Updated partner employee information to include a) username can be selected b) additional website roles: Web Services: Add Notes, Web Services: Get Documents, Web Services: Get Notes c) office access directions given.|
|9.1||01/24/2020||Updated partner employee information to include additional website role: Web Services: Get Parties|
Create a CertifID Partner
This partner must be added to any file where this integration is used. This can be done manually, by a user who adds the partner to each file where CertifID will be used, or automatically. To have the partner add automatically, auto-add this partner from another partner, or set it to auto-add on the action list.
For further information on auto-adding, see additional job aids available on the user group website.
- Click New.
- Enter the partner’s information and set the Partner Type to Other (or any other partner type that makes sense).
- Click XML Config and select Enable XML Transmission of Notes and Documents and Don’t Also Send Notes and Documents via Email.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
Note: This partner will need to be added to each file on which wire instruction verification is needed.
Create a Partner Employee
- Highlight the partner created above and click New in the partner employee area.
- Enter a First Name as CertifID Integration Services.
- Enter an Email Address as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check Primary Contact, which will default this employee to the primary contact when the partner is added to the file.
- Check Enabled in the Website Access area, which allows the web services to be utilized.
- Check Override Username and enter a Username like CertifID.
Note: Best practices recommends using a unique username.
- Click Generate to populate a Password. This will ensure company-specific password requirements are met. Write down this password to use in the validation step.
- Enable the following roles in the Website Roles area:
- Edit Buyer/Seller
- Web Services: Add Documents
- Web Services: Add Notes
- Web Services: Add Partners
- Web Services: Get Documents
- Web Services: Get Notes
- Web Services: Get Parties
- Web Services: Search Files.
- In the Office Access area, check Access for the offices where services will be provided. Optionally, check Default if an office will be the primary office.
- Click Save.
After a password is set or reset for a partner employee, the employee is required to enter a new password the next time they access the website. To ensure this integration is set up properly, log into the company’s Resware website with the username and password created in the prior step and create a new password. Provide this new password to CertifID.
Note: It may be beneficial to set the expiration date of this password out for an extended period of time, on the partner employee setup. Check with company-specific password security protocols to verify this will be acceptable or have a reminder in place to update this password as needed to ensure this integration’s service will not be interrupted.
Note: Username and Password will need to be provided to CertifID or entered on the CertifID portal in the “Resware integration” step to ensure the documents are returned on the file’s Documents panel.
Create New Document Types
Admin/Documents and Templates/Document Types
CertifID will return one of the following document types for each wire that is sent for verification: Wire Information – CertifID, Wire Information – ID Failed, or Wire Information – Rejected. These new document types need to be added to Resware.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Document Type as Wire Information – CertifID.
- Enable Force a Default Document Name and enter as the same as the Document Type.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above steps for Wire Information – ID Failed and Wire Information – Rejected.
- Make note of the DocumentTypeIDs to map on the CertifID portal. If this column is not visible, right click in the grid, click Show, then select DocumentTypeID.
Note: DocumentTypeIDs will need to be entered on the CertifID portal in the “Resware integration” step below.
CertifID – Basic Administration
Log into CertifID’s portal at https://portal.certifid.com using the email and password provided by CertifID. Note: Login must be from an admin account.
- Click the drop-down in top right corner to select Integrations.
- Click Connect.
- Enter the URL of the company’s Resware API URL.
- Enter the Username and Password for the CertifID partner created in the above steps.
- Enter the DocumentTypeIDs for all three documents created in the above steps.
- Click Submit.
Add any bank account that will be provided to customers which to send funds. These accounts will be available in the Send Request area.
- Click the drop-down in top right corner to select Wiring Information.
- Click Add Wiring Information to enter new bank account details.
- Click Edit to change bank account details.
CertifID Request Types
Confirm or send wire instructions
Use CertifID to send a request to confirm the authenticity of someone’s wiring information or send the company’s wiring information securely.
Log into the CertifID portal at https://portal.certifid.com.
- Click Requests, then Confirm Wiring Info or Send Wiring Info.
Enter the Resware File Number, then click Link.
When the file is linked, the available partners from Resware will be available to select by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the Recipient field. The first available partner’s information will auto-populate with information that is in Resware.
- Click on the drop-down for Recipient in the Request Details area to select the partner to receive the request.
- Verify the Request details are accurate, especially the Recipient Email and Recipient Phone (mobile is recommended).
- If Send is selected:
- Click on the drop-down for Select Account in the Send Wiring Information area to select the wiring information to send.
- If Confirm is selected:
- Enter the account information as provided by the party receiving funds.
- Click Send Request.
Each Confirm and Send request will show the status and give the user the ability to view, edit, and cancel the request.
An email will be sent to the Resware user when there is a response to the request.
CertifID will also return a document to Resware on the File/Document panel once the request status is either:
- CertifID: identity confirmed, wire information verified, and request is guaranteed.
- Rejected: recipient passed identity verification but rejected the request. Contact recipient to verify information provided before sending an updated request.
- ID Failed: the recipient did not accurately confirm identity. It is recommended to use the next best practice, as this request and recipient will not be guaranteed by CertifID.