Creating client product groups and associating client partners to specific product groups allows streamlined management of products in a central area and provides a defined set of products available to clients during file creation.
This demonstrates how to set up and use client product groups in Resware and how to add them to client partners.
Information and screenshots created in v9.9. Functionality available pre v8.26
Internal User Roles
The following internal user roles play a part in how much a user can view, add, or edit with regards to partners and product groups.
- Admin: Partners – allows the user to edit the partners, including the client.
- Admin: Partners: Partner-type Specific Data – allows the user to click and edit the Partner-Type Specific Data areas on the partner. This will allow the user to add the client product group to a client partner.
- Admin: Client Product Groups – allows the user to add, edit, and delete client product groups.
Create a Client Product Group
Admin/Partner Related/Client Product Groups
Note: A product must be assigned to a transaction type prior to assigning to a client product group.
- Click Add and enter a Name. This name may be edited if needed.
- In the Transaction Types, Product Types Enabled area, click Add to add the products that will be available in the client product group, then click Add.
Setting Location Restrictions
- Select one or more Transaction/Products that will have the same location restrictions, then
- Click the Enable or Disable All in All States.
- Select the State(s) from the dropdown menu where the product is available, then
- Select the Counties by either:
- Clicking on Enabled to enable every county in the state. Clicking on Enabled again will disable every county in the state.
- Checking/unchecking each county within the state as needed.
- Repeat location restrictions for all products within the Client Product Group.
- Click Save.
Note: Multi-selection of transaction/products to set location restrictions is available only when the current location settings are identical. When the location settings are not identical, the user will receive a notification when attempting to set location restrictions. The resolution is to set the product location restrictions separately.
Action Group Restrictions
Optional action groups can be added and displayed in the Ancillary Products section in both the File Information area during the file creation process in Resware and the Place Order page on the website. The label for the checkbox is the name of the optional action group. This allows the user creating the file to optionally choose an additional product that can add more actions to the file.
- Click Add to select the action group(s) to add as option groups.
- Click OK.
Option action groups are added conditionally to a new file based on how the action group is enabled and its display settings as follows:
|Enabled and Displayed||Action group is selected by default and added to the file unless the user chooses to unselect it|
|Enabled and Hidden||Action group is not displayed to the user to select and is always added to the file|
|Disabled and Displayed||Action group is not selected by default and only added to the file if the user chooses to select it|
|Disabled and Hidden||Action group is not displayed to the user to select and is never added to the file|
- Select one or more of the optional action groups that will have the same location restrictions, then
- Click the Enable or Disable All in All States
- Click the Display or Hide All in All States.
- Select the State(s) from the dropdown menu where the optional action group is available, then
- In the Counties area either:
- Click on Enabled to enable every county in the state. Clicking on Enabled again will disable every county in the state.
- Click on Display to display in every county in the state. Clicking on Display again will hide in every county in the state.
- Checking/unchecking each Enabled and Display checkbox in the county within the state as needed.
- Repeat setting location restrictions for all optional groups within Action Group Restrictions.
- Click Save.
Adding a Client Product Group to a Client Partner
- Find and edit a client partner.
- Click Client Products in the Partner-Type Specific Data area to manage the Transaction/Product types the client can order.
- Select a Client Product Group from the list available in the dropdown menu.
Note: If a customized list is being used only for this client, then select None and manually add the Transaction/Product Types the client can use. Follow the steps shown above in this job aid for setting location and action group restrictions.
- Click Save.