DataTrace by First American provides a property search service called DataTree that, when an order is placed, will return the parcel ID and a brief legal description of the property, the tax area, zoning, land use, and county use information. In addition, new settings can be enabled which will allow a web user to generate a property profile report without having to go to the public records website directly.
The following demonstrates how to set up and use this integration.
Begin here: Contact DataTrace to register for DataTree services at (800) 221.2056, email email@example.com, or visit their website at www.datatracetitle.com. Inform DataTrace that the account will be a DataTree-Resware integration. Account information will be provided, including a username and password.
Next: Complete the setup steps below.
Enable the XML Client
Admin/General Setup/XML Clients
- Edit DataTree and click Enable.
Verify the Web Service URL is https://dtapi.datatree.com/api. Enter the Outgoing Username as provided by DataTrace. Enter the Outgoing Password as provided by DataTrace. Click Save.
Enable the Office Options
Admin/General Setup/Offices/Edit/Web Services
- Check Perform Property Search on Order Placement to Auto-Populate ParcelID and Short Legal. When enabled and an order is placed, a property search will be performed.
- Check Enable Property Profile Search on Website. When enabled, a web role will be made available for a partner employee, Generate Property Report.
Partner Employee Website Roles
When the website role Request New File is enabled, the employee partner has the ability to place an order from the website.
When the new website role, Generate Property Report, is enabled, a new Property Profile tab will be visible on the website.
Property Profile Search on Order Placement
File/New or Website/Place Order
Enabling the XML client and the office option Perform Property Search on Order Placement to Auto-Populate ParcelID and Short Legal will trigger the service to return the following information when an order is placed and a single match is returned for the property. The resulting fields will be populated from public records:
- Parcel ID #1 will be populated with the primary property’s APN.
- Parcel ID #2 will be populated with the primary property’s tax area.
- The Short Legal area will be populated with the primary property’s brief legal description.
- If available, the Short Legal area will also contain zoning, land use, and county use information.
NOTE: When the order is placed in Resware, this integration will not overwrite and populate Parcel ID #1, Parcel ID #2, or the Short Legal fields if a user entered information in any of these fields during the order placement. Only empty fields will be populated with available information.
Property Profile on the Website
Enabling the XML client and the office option Enable Property Profile Search on Website will add a Property Profile tab on the website, which allows a user to enter a property address and view a property profile report. This report will include available public information such as location information, site information, property characteristics, tax information, last transfer, last market, prior sale, comparable property summary, and comparable property details.
- Enter a Number and Street Name.
- Enter a Zip (or State and City, which are the required fields).
- Click Get Profile.
NOTE: A user can then select to click Print Profile and/or click Place Order.