This demonstrates how to attach documents, create documents, combine documents into a PDF package, and associate documents to actions. Document management in Resware is used for storing important documents needed during the transaction; combining multiple Word, Excel, and PDF documents into a single PDF file to streamline emailing documents to partners; and providing more details for documents and actions when they’re related.
Attaching an Existing Document to the File
- Click Attach Document to Current File or navigate to the File/Documents and click Attach.
The following panel will open:
- Select the document(s) to attach.
- Use Shift or Ctrl to select multiple documents from the desktop or a folder.
- Click Open.
The Select Document Types and Enter Descriptions panel will open. Fields in bold on the panel are required.
- If the Delete from Local box is checked, the document will be deleted from the computer after it’s uploaded. If this isn’t desired behavior, uncheck this box.
- Select the Document Type for each document. If the “Other” document type is selected, then the Description must also be provided.
- If Internal, Approved, Public, and/or Secured are set as default settings for the selected document type, the corresponding boxes will be automatically checked. Adjust these settings as necessary.
- Enter a Description for each document, if desired.
- Click Save.
- The documents will be uploaded to the file.
- Confirm the documents are attached to the Documents tab of the file.
Creating Documents on a File
- Click Create to create documents from templates that exist in Resware.
The Select Templates From Which To Create Documents panel will open.
- Select a Category.
- Select the Template(s) by clicking in the Select box next to the template Name.
- Click Create Selected.
- Resware will open each template selected and any merge fields in the document will be populated based on information from the file.
- NOTE: Do not edit anything that’s in a merge field; the data will be overwritten the next time the document is opened.
- Proof, edit, and complete all necessary details for each template.
- Close the document(s) and select Yes to save the document(s) to the file.
- Confirm that the documents have been saved to the Documents tab of the file.
Combining Documents into a PDF Package
- Select multiple documents by holding Shift or Ctrl and selecting the documents.
- Click Combine to bundle the selected documents into a single PDF package.
The PDF Merge panel will open. Fields in bold on the panel are required.
- If the order of the documents should be different, use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to arrange the order.
- Assign the Result File Name. This will be the file name of the new document.
- Assign the Result Document Type. This will be the document type of the new document.
- Enter a Description, if desired.
- Check Internal Only if the document should not be visible on the website.
- Click Create.
- Click OK on the message confirming the documents have been merged and attached to the file.
- Confirm the PDF package saved to the Documents tab of the file.
Associating a Document to an Action
- Select the document that should be associated with an action and click Associate.
The Associate Note With screen will appear:
- Set the Item Type to Action.
- Set the Item to the action that should be associated with the selected document.
- If the Mark Action as Completed box is checked, the action will be completed. If this isn’t desired behavior, uncheck this box.
- Click OK.
- Go to the Actions tab to confirm that the Docs column for the selected action shows that there is a document associated with the action.