Demonstrates how to set up and use the Ernst Publishing rate engine for recording fees, which delivers policy premiums, endorsements, and title service fees based on an underwriter, state, and county. Ernst has a network of agents which include Fidelity National Title, First American Title, and Stewart Title Guaranty Company that can quote rates up to $10,000,000. In Resware, Ernst calculations can be enabled per county and can be turned on/off on a per-customer basis for both website estimates and on file creation.
(800) 345-3822 ext 0
This job aid demonstrates how to set up and use this integration.
Enable Office Option
To edit an office that will use Ernst, contact email@example.com to have the Recording: Use Ernst office option enabled.
Enable XML Client
Admin/General Setup/XML Clients
- Highlight the Ernst XML client and click Edit.
- Please contact Ernst to obtain a username and password. Enter the Outgoing Username and Outgoing Password provided by Ernst.
Enable Ernst Usage
- If Ernst is to be used everywhere, select All States.
- If Ernst is only to be used in certain states and counties, select Selected, a State, and a County where Ernst should be used.
Associate Ernst Document Types
Admin/Recording/Ernst Document Types
- Highlight a document type and click Edit.
- In the Edit Recording Document Type panel, click Add.
- Select transaction types that should have the selected document type calculated on file creation and click Add.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Repeat the steps above to create additional Ernst document types, as needed.
Example on a File
- To manually calculate additional recording fees on a file go to Settlement/Recording Fees, and click Ernst Fee Calculator.
- Enter the appropriate information and click Calculate.
- Answer the questions provided by Ernst and click Save. The answers to these questions are used to calculate the recording fees.
- When the Ernst Response is provided, select the appropriate fees to add. If all fees are to be added, click Add All Fees.