To demonstrate how to use the First American rates and eRemit integrations. First American provides premiums, municipal taxes, state policy fees, and CPL fees directly into Resware, and Resware sends the underwriter remittance to First American electronically.
Requesting Quotation Services
First American rates are calculated at file creation based on title premium rates set on the underwriter. Rates are automatically updated when:
- The Sales Price or Loan Amount is updated on the New Loans panel,
- The Lender’s Policy or Owner’s Policy form is changed on the New Loans panel,
- Endorsements are added to a policy, or
- When prior policy information is added or changed.
- When a user manually updates the Consideration field, First American updates the Owner’s Coverage, Lender’s Coverage, Owner’s Endorsement, and Endorsement lines on the Settlement/Title Charges panel.
Rates can also be manually requested by clicking the Recalc First American Rates button at the top of the Settlement/Title Charges panel. If the Recalc First American Rates option is used, the user will get the Lender Questions pop-up to allow changes to the responses (see Additional questions and answers below).
First American credentials are requested the first time a user calculates First American rates and will be saved per user.
NOTE: Clear Overrides, if checked, clears all manually overridden amounts on this file; they will be replaced with amounts from First American. Otherwise, the overridden amounts will be sent to First American and remain in place. This checkbox is disabled if no amounts that would be retrieved from First American are overridden on the file.
Stat Codes for TX, NM, and NY
Policy stat codes are requested at file creation based on policy defaults. Policy stat codes can also be added or changed on the Policy panel.
- Click on Stat Codes in the Endorsements area for each policy.
- Policy stat codes being used for the policy will appear in the Stat Codes panel.
- Click Add or Remove to add or remove stat codes as needed.
When a subsequent rate quote is requested, the currently-set policy stat codes will be sent with the request. If the selected stat code is not valid for the policy and rate selection, a new policy stat code question with available policy stat codes will be presented.
Endorsement stat codes are mapped at the admin level and do not require the user to manually select one for each endorsement added to the file. In cases where multiple stat codes are available for an endorsement, the user will be presented with an endorsement stat code question.
Tax Codes for KY
When a tax code is entered on the property panel, First American will return the KY municipal premium rate. If no tax code is entered, First American will return ‘000’ as a tax code and the tax rate will be populated with an amount of $0.00.
Additional Questions and Answers
Additional questions may be presented for stat codes, policies, or endorsements. Questions may appear at file creation or when updating policy or endorsement information. Answers may be pre-populated with information from the file. Answers are saved and displayed each time questions are asked so users can review and change answers, if necessary.
Once the transaction is completed and all policies are issued, a post-pricing request must be sent. This is typically set as an action affect on another action and set to auto-complete, however it may need to be manually completed after the jackets or a CPL has been created for the file.
If there is a mismatch between fees in Resware and fees obtained from First American, a popup will indicate what the mismatches are, and a note will be added to the file.
Resware fees will not be overridden by a First American post-pricing event; it is the responsibility of the user to make any adjustments required.
- Select First American Title Insurance Company from the Underwriter drop-down menu.
- Select the State if necessary. If no state is selected, all states will appear on the same remittance report.
- In the Policy Dates area, enter either the Policy Typed From/To dates or the Policy Effective From/To dates.
- Check the eRemit box.
- Check the Export Items With Warnings box. This will allow any issues to be viewed on the preview export.
- Select Preview Export.
- Review the report for any corrections or adjustments that need to be made prior to creating the export.
- Export Items With Warnings. If this column is not checked, items on files with warnings will not be exported. If checked, all items will be exported.
- Select Create Export.
- A pop-up will notify the user how many files will be remitted and the total amount to be remitted.
- A second pop-up will notify the user that a disbursement will be created as a check or wire (based on the underwriter setting) for each file included in the remittance report.
- Once the export is successfully completed, Resware will generate and display a spreadsheet with the remittance export details. On the Administer Remittance Export panel, an Order Number is returned and a Batch Number is assigned. Remittances batches that are e-remitted cannot be undone.
Clicking on the Order Number will take the user to the AgentNet website. If multiple orders are remitted, only the last order number generated will appear. If the remittance batch is large, the order number will display Order In Process.
NOTE: The Order Number link will only appear when the remittance report is initially created.
- The Batch Number will be found on each policy in every file.
NOTE: If the batch is unsuccessful, the confirmation message will not appear. The user will receive an error message explaining that there are mismatches. The generated spreadsheet will display showing the error and/or mismatches that need to be corrected.