This demonstrates the process of marking a previously deposited receipt as returned by the bank and marking it as non-sufficient funds or another custom status as set by an administrator in Resware.
|Pre 8.26||Functionality available|
|9.7.1||12/15/2017||15320||Office option, Use Expanded Non-Sufficient Funds, allows custom statuses to be used when a bank returns receipted funds.|
Office Role (v9.7+)
The office option, Use Expanded Non-Sufficient Funds, will allow custom statuses to be assigned when a receipt is returned.
Internal User Role
The following user roles allow users to use non-sufficient funds or to manage types of statuses.
- Admin: Accounting: Transaction Type: Returned Statuses: This role allows administration of the custom return statuses.
- Ledgers: Mark Receipt as Non-Sufficient Funds: This role allows a user to mark a receipt as returned by the bank with a status of non-sufficient funds and additionally, in version 9.7 or higher, a custom status may also be selected.
Custom Status Setup (v9.7+)
Admin/Accounting/Transaction Type Returned Statuses
In addition to the mandatory Non-sufficient Funds status, custom status types can be added, enabled, and disabled by users with the Admin: Accounting: Transaction Type Returned Statuses role. The administrator can also enter a sort order to manage the order in which the statuses appear when used on the Settlement/Postings panel.
- Click Add and enter a Status name. This status name will appear as an option on the Settlement/Postings panel when processing a returned item.
- Click Save.
- Repeat to add additional return statuses.
- Select any Status and click Move Up or Move Down to adjust the order they will appear when selecting a status on Settlement/Postings.
NOTE: Statuses can be disabled and names can be edited with the exception of the mandatory Non-sufficient Funds status.
Example on a File
- Prior to version 9.7 or with the office option disabled, when a receipt is selected and the Non-suff. Funds button is clicked, a new entry is created showing an adjustment for the returned item:
- With the office option enabled, the Non-suff. Funds button will change to Returned. The user can select from a list of custom statuses, set up in the previous step, in addition to the default Non-sufficient Funds option. The status selected will appear in the status column when a receipt is Returned.