This user guide demonstrates how to use the Old Republic National Title Insurance integration to generate, update, and void closing protection letters and policy jackets from within Resware. When this integration is used, the CPL and jacket documents are attached to the file without having to go to the underwriter’s website.
Requesting a CPL on a file
File> New Loans
- When requesting a lender CPL, in addition to having a lender on the file, fill in the fields for Loan Amount, Loan Number, and Loan Type.
- Click the CPL button.
- Verify the CPL Lender Data information is correct.
- Click Populate CPL Override Address and Populate Lender Address to toggle between the lender’s CPL override and partner addresses. Any additional changes needed can be made here.
- Click Request CPL.
- Enter the Agent Number and Authorization Code provided by Old Republic. This will populate the CPL Type, Closing Attorney (if applicable), Contact, and Branch Office options available.
- Note: The agent number and authorization code will be retained for each user after it’s entered the first time.
- Select a CPL Type from the available options.
- For some states, select the Closing Attorney from the available options.
- Select the Contact from the available options.
- Select the Branch Office from the available options.
- In the Covered Parties area, select the applicable party as needed.
- Verify the information in the Buyer Data and Seller Data areas and update fillable fields as needed.
- Click Generate.
The created CPL documents will be displayed in the CPL Documents area on the CPL Data panel and on the File/Documents panel.
- Click OK.
Note: A New York agent authorization letter cannot be generated through this integration. Users must generate the NY agent authorization letter via the Old Republic website and manually attach it to the Resware file.
Voiding a CPL on a file
[v9.13 or higher]
File> New Loans> CPL
- Highlight the CPL to void.
- Click Void.
- Confirm the CPL should be voided by clicking Yes.
The CPL is voided.
- Click OK.
[Prior to v9.13]
CPLs can only be voided on the Starslink website or by using the following direct link: https://ortcplletter.oldrepublictitle.com/users/signin
Requesting a policy jacket
- Select a Lender’s (when issuing a lender’s or simultaneous policies) or an Owner’s (when issuing only an owner’s policy) and complete the information on the policy panel as needed, including the Effective date in the Current Policy area.
- Click Generate to open the Jackets Data panel.
- Click Request Jacket.
- Enter the Username and Password provided by Old Republic National Title.
- Note: The username and password will be retained for each user after it’s entered the first time.
- Refresh Panel can be selected if a previous policy was requested on this file and additional endorsements were added. This will update the selected endorsements in the Endorsements area.
- Select an Agent from the available options. A validation will occur with Old Republic to ensure the agent selected is licensed in the proper jurisdiction of the property.
- Select the Property Type from the available options that matches or is similar to the property type on the file. Options will populate once the Jacket Type is selected.
- The Effective Date will auto-populate with the date entered on the Policy panel; otherwise enter the date as needed.
- Select a Policy Category from the available options.
- Select a Policy Type from the available options.
- When generating simultaneous policies:
- Check the Simultaneous Policy option.
- Select 1 as the Other Policy Sequence Number referencing the owner’s policy that is generated.
- Select the Simo Policy Type for the owner policy that is generated.
- The Jacket Fields and Endorsements area displays all possible endorsements associated with the jacket type selected. Users cannot toggle endorsements on this panel. The endorsements on this panel are selected either because they are mapped within Resware and are selected on the file or they are “pre-selected” on the policy jacket by Old Republic.
- Click Generate.
The created jackets are displayed in the Jackets Data panel and on the File/Documents panel.
- Click OK.