The following demonstrates how to set up and use the integration with Quandis’ OFAC scanning services. The Quandis Bankruptcy Search (QBS) data service is a real-time wrapper around PACER which performs a national or regional search in real-time and returns documents to a file when results are returned. The Quandis Military Search (QMS) data service provides a cost-effective, all-in-one verification of active duty military status of an individual with the US Department of Defense as defined by the service members Civil Relief Act of 2003.
Begin here: Contact Quandis for further information or to register for services email email@example.com or call (949)525-9000. Inform Quandis that the account will be a Resware integration. Account information, including a username and password, will be provided.
Next: Complete the following setup steps.
Information and screenshots created in version 9.12
Enable the XML client(s)
Admin> General Setup> XML Clients
- Highlight Quandis Bankruptcy and click Edit.
- Check Enabled to enable the integration.
- Set the Outgoing Username to the username provided by Quandis.
- Set the Outgoing Password to the password provided by Quandis.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for the Quandis Military XML if applicable.
Create a partner type
Admin> Partner Related> Partner Types
- Click Add.
- Set the Name to Searcher – Personal Data.
- Set the Max Per File to 1.
- Select None as the Locale Restriction, which is the default.
- Click Save.
Create a Quandis partner
Create a partner to use with this integration. This partner will need to be added to each file that will use this integration. It can be added to files automatically by adding the partner type to auto-add on the action list or by having another partner auto-add it, or it can be manually added to files as needed.
- Click New.
- Enter the Company Name as Quandis.
- Enter the partner’s information and set the Partner Type as Searcher – Personal Data.
- Click XML Config and check both Enable XML Transmission of Notes and Documents and Don’t Also Send Notes and Documents via Email, then click Save.
- Click Save.
Create a Quandis partner employee
- Highlight the partner edited above and click New in the partner employee area.
- Enter the First Name as Quandis integration services.
- Enter the Email Address as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set the employee as the Primary Contact.
- Click Enabled in the Website Access area, which allows the web/API services to be utilized.
- Click Override Username and enter a Username such as Quandis.
- Click Generate to populate a Password. This will ensure company-specific password requirements are met. Write down this password to use in the validation step.
- Verify the Use 2FA is unchecked.
- In the Office Access area, check Access for the offices where services will be provided. Optionally, check Default if an office will be the primary office.
- Click Save.
Note: The email, username, and password for the employee will need to be provided to Quandis to ensure that documents are returned to Resware and that Quandis can obtain the status of actions.
After a password is set or reset for a partner employee, the employee is required to enter a new password the next time they access the website. To ensure this integration is set up correctly, log into the company’s Resware website with the username and password created in the previous step, and create a new password. Provide this new password to Quandis.
Note: It may be beneficial to set the expiration date of this password on the partner employee setup for an extended period. Check with company-specific password security protocols to verify that this will be acceptable or have a reminder in place to update this password as needed to ensure this integration’s service will not be interrupted.
Note: The Username and Password will need to be provided to Quandis, which allows the documents to be returned to Resware on the file’s Documents panel.
An Other document type may be used for this integration. This is a default document type (DocumentTypeID 1). If a different document type will be used that does not already exist, then follow these steps to create one. Make note of the DocumentTypeIDs and provide them to Quandis to return documents.
Admin> Document and Templates> Document Types...
- Click Add.
- Enter the Document Type such as Quandis Report.
- Verify that the Default to Internal Only option is unchecked.
- In the Website area, check the Allow upload for Partner Types option.
- Either check All for all partner types.
- Check Select and click on Edit to choose which partner types are allowed to upload documents of this type.
- Click Add.
- Highlight the partner types, then click Add.
- Click Save.
Add the XML package to products
Admin> Action Lists> Product Types...
- Edit each product for which the Quandis functionality is needed.
- Select the XML tab.
- Add Quandis Bankruptcy and/or Quandis Military.
- Click OK.
- Click Save, Close.
The installation of these XML packages adds the following available Quandis services to the product.
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Advanced
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Basic
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Buyer – Advanced, Docket, All
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Buyer – Advanced, Docket, New Only
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Buyer – Basic, Docket, All
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Buyer – Basic, Docket, New Only
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Buyer – Basic, New Only
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Advanced, Docket, All
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Advanced, Docket, New Only
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Basic, Docket, All
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Basic, Docket, New Only
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Basic, New Only
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Advanced
- Quandis Bankruptcy: Seller – Basic
- Quandis Military: Active Duty Smart – Buyer, All
- Quandis Military: Active Duty Smart – Buyer, New Only
Placing an order
File> XML> Generic
- The Quandis partner must be on the file to send requests.
- Select the desired Quandis service from the XML Message drop-down menu.
- Click Send.
Automatic order placement
The Quandis partner must be on the file to send order requests.
- Highlight the action being used to send the request to Quandis and click Mark Completed.
Note: This example workflow is using optional actions to allow the user to select from all Quandis services provided. For further information on setting up actions, see the action articles available on the customer portal.
The Quandis service requested will be displayed as completed in the workflow:
XML activity will be displayed showing the order request was sent.
Note: The XML panel shows the successful order placement data being received from Quandis via manual order or from an action.
When information is returned by Quandis, action triggers can be set to auto-start an action on the action group in the workflow to notify a coordinator.
The following external triggers are available:
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Not Found
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Buyer û Closed
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Buyer û Default
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Buyer û Discharged
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Buyer û Dismissal
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Seller û Closed
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Seller – Default
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Seller û Discharged
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Hit, Seller û Dismissal
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Request Failed
- Quandis: Bankruptcy Search Response Failed
- Quandis: Military Search Hit
- Quandis: Military Status Not Found
Examples on a file – Information returned
This panel shows the notes that are added to the file when a search is returned from Quandis.
The document(s) returned from Quandis will be available on the Documents panel.