Record electronically directly from your desk or enable your centralized recording desk. Recording Express connects directly to the county and records documents fast and easily with notification and tracking throughout the process. Data Services works with the County to enable electronic recording if it is not already available. Most counties can facilitate electronic recording today and DSI will simply integrate with the county-side solution. Recording Express works with Alphamax3 and can also be installed stand-alone in any county, even without the title plant. Currently, their services are only available in the state of Arizona, but expansion plans are underway in the state of Idaho.
Begin here: Contact Recording Express for further information or to register for services at (520) 618-7411, Roger Harrison at email@example.com or Ryan Thomas at Ryan.Thomas@dsipro.com. Inform them that the account will be for a Resware integration. Account information will be provided, including the Recording Express username, and password.
Next: Complete the following set up steps.
Next: Send a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org when setup is completed.
- Recording Express invoices customers monthly for all recording services and fees with the exception of any recording fees a county bills directly (Pima County).
- Multiple users with separate logins may be tied to the same Recording Express account.
- Daily Recording Express transactions can be added to the recording ledger either manually on a file-by-file basis or by importing them into Resware using Admin/Import/Transactions.
|Pre 8.26||04/19/2018||Information and screenshots created in version 9.4|
Enable the Recording Express Integration
Admin/General Setup/Offices/Edit Office
- Select the Recording tab and click Enable Recording Express Integration.
- Click Save.
Create a Partner Type
- Click Add.
- Enter a Name, such as eRecording.
- Enter 1 as Max Per File.
- Select County from the Locale Restriction dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
Create a Recording Express eRecording Partner
- Click New.
- Enter a Company Name, such as Recording Express.
- Enter the partner’s information and set the Partner Type to eRecording.
- Click Save.
Set up Recording Services
- Click Add, which will open the Credentials tab.
- From the Service Type dropdown menu, select Recording Express.
- Enter a Display Name. This will be displayed to users on the file when selecting a recording account.
- Enter a Username. This is provided by Recording Express.
- Enter a Password. This is provided by Recording Express.
- Enable this account for the appropriate office(s) by click Add in the Enable for Offices area.
- Click Change to select the Recording Express partner. To e-record documents on a file, this partner must be on the file. Typically, this partner would be set-up to be auto-added in all counties where recording documents will be submitted to Recording Express.
- If this account should only be available when specific partners are on a file in an office, highlight the office and select the partner restrictions by using the Add button in the Partners area.
- Click Save.
Admin/Recording/Recording Services/Jurisdiction Mappings
- Select Recording Express from the Recording Service dropdown menu.
- Click Generate Mappings. This will map all Recording Express jurisdictions with Resware counties.
- A pop-up may be received with any counties that could not be automatically mapped. Click on the Resware County dropdown menu for each of these instances and select the appropriate Resware County to match with the Recording Express Jurisdiction. This will occur for any township or county with a name variation (e.g. City of Meriden, CT, and Los Angeles, CA).
- Click Save.
Admin/Recording/Recording Services/Credential Counties
- Select Recording Express from the Recording Service Credentials drop-down menu. The associated Username, Password, Organization ID, and Partner will be displayed.
- Click Populate Counties to enable the account for the appropriate counties. This queries the Recording Express service and retrieves the list of counties that are currently set-up to submit documents for the given account.
- Since the eRecording partner type is restricted by location, as shown in the partner type set-up above, use Copy Counties to Partner to enable the partner in the same counties in which the Recording Express account can record.
- If credentials for a specific county need to be overridden to use an account other than the account selected, highlight the county and click Override Credentials.
- Select the account the specified county should use by highlighting it and clicking Add Selected. The available list is populated from the accounts in Admin/Recording/Recording Services/Credentials.
- Click OK.
- The county will indicate that it’s been overridden if the Override Username, Override Password, and Override Organization ID fields are displayed.
- If an override was added and no longer needed, highlight the county and click Clear Override.
NOTE: When additional counties are added on the Recording Express website, Resware will need to also be updated by returning to Admin/Recording/Recording Services/Credential Counties and clicking Populate Counties and Copy Counties to Partner. This will override the current settings in Resware to use the same enabled Recording Express county settings.
The Copy Counties to Partner function enables each county for all transactions and product types. This may need to be considered for counties that do not e-record transfer documents.
- The recording service selected in the Server Credentials dropdown menu will be used when polling for package updates. The user must have the Recording: Allow User to Select Recording Account if More Than One Exists role enabled to select a different recording service.
- The frequency in which the server should poll for Recording Express package updates is defaulted to 60 minutes. Enter a value in the Server Poll Frequency field to change the frequency.
- Click Save.
- Repeat Set up for recording services for all accounts. Multiple accounts can be created in Resware to mirror the users’ enabled counties as set on their Recording Express account.
Enable Recording Express for Internal Users
Admin/Internal Users/Edit User
- Click Recording Service Accounts
- The default selection is All.
- If a user should be limited to specific accounts, click Add.
- Select the appropriate account(s) and click Add.
- The Account Access option will change from All to Selected and display the accounts added.
- Click Close.
Update Recording Document Type Information
Admin/Recording/Recording Document Types
It is recommended to add the “Pull Data” Mappings to each recording document type to allow this information to populate when adding recording documents to files.
- Highlight a recording document type and click Edit.
- Optionally, select a lien type from the Map to Lien Type dropdown menu if this document type requires a lien to be added to the Policy panel.
- In the “Pull Data” Mappings area, select the appropriate option for each drop-down menu for Grantee, Grantor, Mortgagor, Beneficiary, Trustee, and Amount.
- Click Save and repeat for each recording document type.
Auto-Adding the Recording Express Partner to Files
It is recommended to auto-add the Recording Express partner to ensure they are on the files as needed based on the locations where this service is being utilized. Auto-adding can be set-up either on the product’s action list or by another partner that will be on the files, such as a title company or branch office.
Admin/Action Lists/Action Lists
Auto-adding the partner to action lists is one way to ensure the partner is on the file as needed.
- Highlight the action list where the eRecording partner should be added and click Edit.
- Click Add in the Auto-Add Partner Types On File Creation area.
- Select the eRecording partner from the Add Partner Types panel and click Add.
- Click Save.
Auto-add a partner based on another partner who will be on files, such as the title company or branch office.
- Click Add in the Auto-Add Partners area. Search for the eRecording partner to Select.
- Click Save.
Manually Adding the Recording Express Partner to Files
Manually add the partner to any existing files where eRecording services are needed.
- Click Add and select the Recording Express partner from the Search/Add Partner panel.
Creating a Document Package to Record
- Click Add.
- Select a Document Type from the dropdown menu.
- Click Pull Data to populate file information such as the actual settlement date, which will pull into the Security Instrument Date. The Grantee, Grantor, Mortgagor, Beneficiary, Trustee, and Amount fields will pull from the file based on the recording document type’s configuration.
- Enter any additional information required by the recording document’s language template.
- If this recording document is related to a specific loan on the file, select the related loan from the Loan dropdown menu. The default is All.
- If the recording document is to be related to any policy on the file, select Add in the Policies area for the respective policy. This will add this recording document to the Schedule A area of the Policy panel.
- If the recording document is to be related as a lien, select Add As Lien in the Policies area for the respective policy. This will add the lien within the Exceptions: Liens and Restrictions area of the Policy panel, as set on the recording document type’s configuration. This will add a policy-only lien and will not display within the Liens & Requirements area of the Search Data panel.
NOTE: Once a recording document is related to a policy using either Add or Add as Lien, the respective association on the Policy tab would need to be removed prior to a recording document being deleted from the Recording panel.
- Click Save or Save, New if additional recording documents need to be added.
- Highlight the newly added document and
- If the recording document is already on the Document panel, click Associate Doc/Note.
- Select the Item Type and Item from the dropdown menus. This is the document that will be recorded.
- Click OK.
- If the recording document is not on the file, click Attach Doc and locate file.
- Enter the Document Type from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- The Documents column will show the associated document.
- Verify the documents are in the order that they should be recorded. If the order needs to be changed, highlight a document and click on Move Up or Move Down as needed to change the order.
- Highlight the recording item(s) to include in a recording package and click Send To.
- The Package Name will default to the file number and the package number. A user can override this name if needed. This will be the package name reference used on the Recording Express website.
- Verify the Recording Express Account to use for recording and select from the drop-down menu if a different account should be used. This dropdown menu will be populated with the accounts to which the user has rights.
- Verify the State Jurisdictions that is defaulted based on the property on the file. Select from the dropdown menu if documents are to be recorded in a different county.
- Highlight the first document in the package, then select the appropriate Recording Express Type from the dropdown menu to associate it with the document in Resware.
- Enter the Value for each Required Field Name. The Grantees and Grantors will pre-populate as set on the recording document type’s configuration (see Admin/Recording/Recording Document Types).
- Highlight the next document in the package and repeat the above two steps. Once all documents in the package have been associated to a Recording Express Type and the Values entered, click Send.
- The package is now sent to Recording Express.
NOTE: The Go To option is not available for this integration. Recording Express does not have an interactive website at this time to view the recording documents. Recording status updates will be sent back into Resware.
Tracking Recording Information in Resware
- The Package Name column will display the name given to the document package.
- The Package Status column will display the status of the recording. It will change as it flows through the recording process.
- Recording Express will return the Doc. Recorded Date, Actual Recording Fee, along with the Instrument or Book and Page information.
NOTE: Users can be notified on the action workflow when the document changes statuses by utilizing the Recording Express triggers: Recording Express: All Documents Recorded will be fired when all of the documents on the file have been recorded and Recording Express: Documents Rejected will be fired if a recording document is rejected.
Recording Package Management
If the user has the internal user role Recording: Remove Recording Document, Delete package, and Record Package enabled, the following options will allow a user to manually manage the recording package in Resware. These options are typically used for e-recording integrations that have an interactive website where a user could directly change package information that would require manual updates in Resware.
- Highlight a document and click Remove From Package to remove a document from a package. Use this option only in the event Recording Express has removed the document from the package they received.
- Click Delete Package to remove the package association from all of the documents with in the package sent to the recording service. Use this option only in the event Recording Express has removed the package from their side first.
- Click Record Package to manually change the Package Status to Recorded. This may be used to update Resware when the recording information is not returned by the recording service.