reQuire provides services in acquiring releases/discharges and ensuring that they are recorded timely and correctly. reQuire saves their clients significant money, as well as removing hours of work from staff, and possibly most importantly, helps to further the important public policy of promoting the proper and timely recording of releases of mortgage and cleaning up title defects in the land records.
The below process demonstrates how to set up and use this integration.
Begin here: Contact reQuire for further information or to register for services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inform them that the account will be for a Resware integration. An account username and password will be provided.
Next: Complete the following set up steps.
|Pre 8.26||04/19/2018||Information and screenshots created in version 9.4|
|06/24/2022||Updated formatting and added webinar demo|
Enabling the Office Option
Admin/General Setup/Offices/Web Services
- Enable the Enable lien release tracking with reQuire office option.
Example on a File
Add a Parcel ID
- Enter Parcel ID#1 for the primary property. This is required to submit a request to reQuire.
Add a Payoff
A valid payoff with a valid partner that has a complete address is required for each lien that is submitted to reQuire.
- Enter a payoff including a Loan Number.
There are three external triggers available:
- Release Tracking: All Liens Released: Fired when all liens submitted for release tracking have been released for a file.
- Release Tracking: Line Released: Fired when a lien is released that is being tracked by a configured third party lien release tracking service.
- Release Tracking: Lien Submitted for Release Tracking: Fired when a user has submitted one or more liens for release tracking.
Submit a Lien Release Request
reQuire supports having five liens per file submitted for tracking. All liens to be submitted for a file must be submitted together because once any lien are submitted for a file, additional liens cannot be submitted for that same file. Verify that each lien to submit to reQuire contains a Lien Date, Lien Amount, Holder, and Book and Page or Instrument Number.
- Highlight the liens to be submitted to reQuire for release tracking.
- Click Release.
- Enter the Username and Password provided by reQuire.
NOTE: Each user will only need to enter the credentials once. Afterwards, the credentials will be stored in Resware.
- Click Save.
- Click Submit For Tracking on the lien that should be submitted to reQuire.
- Select a Court from the dropdown menu.
- Select a Transaction Type from the dropdown menu.
- Select a Payoff from the dropdown menu that is associated with the selected lien.
- Select one of the five options if applicable to the lien: Partial Release, Line of Credit, Lis Pendens, Private Lender, or Short Sale.
- Repeat the above steps for each lien to be submitted to reQuire.
- Click Submit for Release Tracking after all of the liens are entered with the required information.
Liens are successfully submitted.
- Click OK.
The Submit Liens option will change View reQuire Options once the lien(s) are submitted.
The reQuire Options panel allows a user to print a Disbursement (invoice) or manage the liens submitted directly on the reQuire website.
- Click Save to close the Lien Release Tracking panel.
- An email will be sent to the email address on file with reQuire, when the submission is successful, and it will also attach to the file on the Documents panel.
I’m getting the following error when trying to submit a lien to reQuire. Why?
“An error occurred submitting liens: An error has occurred while submitting liens for tracking: There was an error while creating the instance for the DisbursementBusinessObject class.”
Per reQuire: “The obligor value is too big. reQuire only accepts 150 characters. If it’s a sale, it’s pulling the seller. If it’s a refi, it’s pulling the buyer. Try to trim the name“.