Skyline Lien Search is a search integration that provides ala carte search services or select an all-inclusive search option and have the results returned to the file as a PDF document.
This demonstrates how to setup and use this integration.
Begin here: Contact Skyline Lien Search for further information or to register for services at (888) 553-4627. Inform them that the account will be for a Resware integration. Account information will be provided, including access to a web portal that will generate a unique API key needed for the URLs for each of the eight product partners to be created for this integration.
Next: Complete the following setup steps. The account information provided by Skyline Lien Search is needed to complete these steps. Provide the partner employee username and password and the DocumentTypeID for the Final Report document type to Skyline Lien Search.
Next: Contact the Resware customer success team at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with adding the necessary bindings and endpoints for successful transmission between Resware and Skyline Lien Search. Provide the SystemIDs for the eight partners created below.
Information and screenshots created in version 9.12
Enable office option
Admin> General Setup> Offices
- Highlight the office using this integration and click Edit.
- Click on the Web Services tab or use the Search function to locate the office option.
- Click to enable the Enable ResWare to ResWare Order Submission office option.
Create partner type(s)
Skyline Lien Search provides seven separate services including a full lien search, HOA estoppel, code enforcement, open/expired permits, tax certificate, tax certificate and utilities, utilities, and an all services. Each service requires a separate partner to be created and added to the file in Resware. The partners may be added as Searcher, another available partner type, or by creating a new partner type by following the provided steps. Multiple Skyline partners may be on a file and multiple services may be ordered (e.g., a full lien search and utilities may be ordered on the same file by adding the Skyline Lien Searcher partner type and the Skyline Lien Utilities partner type, then placing an order request with each partner).
Admin> Partner Related> Partner Types
- Click Add.
- Set the Name as Tax Data Search.
- Set the Max Per File as 1.
- Set the Locale Restriction as None, which is the default.
- Click Save.
Create eight partners to use with this integration, one for each service that is offered.
- Click New.
- Enter the Company Name as Skyline Lien: All services.
- Enter the partner’s information and set the Partner Type as Tax Data Search.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for each of the remaining seven partners as shown in the chart below.
|Company Name||System ID||Employee Username||Employee Password|
Skyline Lien: All services
Skyline Lien: Code enforcement
Skyline Lien: Full lien search
Skyline Lien: HOA estoppel
Skyline Lien: Open expired permit
Skyline Lien: Tax certificate
Skyline Lien: Tax certificate and utilities
Skyline Lien: Utilities
Create partner employees
Each partner created in the prior step also needs to have an employee created.
- Highlight one of the partners created above and click New in the partner employee area.
- Enter the First Name as Skyline Lien integration services.
- Enter the Email Address as email@example.com.
- Check Primary Contact, which will set this employee as the primary contact by default when the partner is added to the file.
- Check Override Username and enter the Username as shown in the chart in the prior step.
- Click Enabled in the Website Access area, which allows the web services to be utilized.
- Click Generate to populate a Password. This will ensure company-specific password requirements are met. Write down this password to use in the validation step.
- In the Website Roles area:
- Enable Web Services: Add Documents.
- In the Office Access area, check Access for the offices where services will be provided. Optionally, check Default if an office will be the primary office.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for each of the seven remaining partners as shown in the chart in the prior step.
Note: The username and password for the employee will need to be provided to Skyline Lien to ensure the documents are returned on the file’s Documents panel.
After a password is set or reset for a partner employee, the employee is required to enter a new password the next time they access the website. To ensure that this integration is set up correctly, log into the company’s Resware website with the username and password created in the prior step and create a new password. Provide this new password to Skyline Lien.
Note: It may be beneficial to set the expiration date of this password on the partner employee setup out for an extended period. Check with company-specific password security protocols to verify this will be acceptable or have a reminder in place to update this password as needed to ensure this integration’s service will not be interrupted.
Note: Provide the Username and Password to Skyline Lien to ensure the documents are returned on the file’s Documents panel.
Skyline Lien Search needs a document type to be created named Final Report to send documents to files. Provide the DocumentTypeID to Skyline Lien.
Admin> Document and Templates> Document Types
- Click Add.
- Enter the Document Type as Final Report.
- Do not check Default to Internal Only.
- Do not check Default to Secured.
- Click Save.
- Verify that the DocumentTypeID column is visible. If not, right click in the grid, select Show Column, and add DocumentTypeID.
- Provide the DocumentTypeID to Skyline Lien Search.
Resware to Resware partner mapping
Admin> Partner-Related> ResWare to ResWare Partner Mappings
- Click Add.
- Click Select and search for the Skyline Lien: All Services partner.
- Set the Username to X
- Set the Password to X
- Set the Service Type to Order Placement.
- Enter the URL as https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=all&key=xxx. (Replace xxx with the API key provided by Skyline Lien Search.
- Enter a 1 as the Client ID
- Enter a 1 as the OfficeID
- Set the Service Version to v4.
- Check the box for Don’t Send Sales Price or SSNs.
- Click Add All in the Transaction/Product Type Mappingarea.
- Click Yes to set the remote IDs to the transaction types’ and product types’ IDs.
- Click Save.
- Click Add in the Primary Contact Mapping area and select the internal user who will be the main contact.
- Enter the Remote ID as the InternalUserID.
- Check the Default option.
- Click Save, Save.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining seven partners/services created for this integration using the following URLs for each service:
- Code enforcement: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=code&key=xxx
- Full lien: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=lien-search&key=xxx
- HOA estoppel: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=estoppel&key=xxx
- Open/expired permit: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=permit&key=xxx
- Tax certificate: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=tax-cert&key=xxx
- Tax certificate and utilities: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=tax-cert-utilities&key=xxx
- Utilities: https://skylinelien.com/resware/orders?preset=utilities&key=xxx
Example on a file
Place an order
Verify that at least one of the Skyline Lien partners is on the file to successfully order a product. If not:
- Click Add Partner to add one or more of the Skyline Lien partners.
- Select the XML Message to send an order request, then click Send.
Note: The send order requests that display in the XML message field coincide with the Skyline Lien partner(s) on the file.
Receive the product
Skyline Liens will return the search as a Final Report document type.