The Stewart Title Guaranty Company integration allows users to generate and void policy jackets and closing protection letters from within Resware. When this integration is used, the documents are attached to a file without a user having to go to the underwriter’s website.
This demonstrates how to set up the Stewart Title Guaranty Company integration.
Begin here: Contact a Stewart Title representative to register and receive login credentials.
Note: A STG: CPL & jackets user guide is available which demonstrates how to use the Stewart Title CPL & jackets integration.
Next: Contact Resware support to verify the config file settings, then complete the following setup steps.
Request and void CPLs
Upgrade to Stewart v 1.8
Support metes and bounds, get original policy, make successor language optional for Stewart Jackets
Upgrade to Stewart v2.5
Enabling the office options
Admin> General Setup> Offices> Web Services
- Enable CPL: Allow request of CPL from underwriters to allow requesting CPLs.
- Enable Policy: Enable eJacket Requests to allow requesting jackets.
Setting up the underwriter partner
To add an underwriter partner, complete the setup in the Adding an Underwriter Partner article.
Selecting the underwriter service
Admin> Partners> Edit Partner> UnderwriterMiscellaneous
- Set the Underwriter Service to Stewart.
- Set the CPL Document Type to CPL if the CPL integration will be used.
- Set the Lender Jacket Document Type to Loan Policy Jacket if the jacket integration will be used.
- Set the Owner Jacket Document Type to Owner Policy Jacket if the jacket integration will be used.
- Click Save.
Mapping jacket endorsements
To retrieve jacket endorsements, go to a file in each state in which the jacket integration will be used. The configured Stewart underwriter partner must be on the file. Go to the Policy tab and click on the Generate button to request a jacket. Log in to retrieve endorsement information for the state. After clicking Login, click on Close.
Admin> Partners> Edit Partner> Underwriter> State-Based
- Select each state that will be used for the jacket integration.
- In the Endorsements section, select an endorsement and click on Edit, or double-click on the endorsement.
- Select a Stewart Endorsement Mapping at the bottom of the endorsement panel.
Lender CPL addresses
Admin> Partners> Edit Lender> Lender
- If a lender’s address on the CPL documents needs to be different than the lender’s address, click on the Lender option in the Edit Partner panel and complete the CPL Address Override information with the address that should appear on the CPL. Users will be able to toggle between the override address and the partner address.
- Click Save, Save.